Makeup Review | Collection 2000 Glam Metallics Coloured Liquid Eyeliner + Eyeshadow Trio

on Friday 18 May 2012
I decided to swatch my recent Collection 2000 purchases from my poundland haul and came up with a rather interesting summer simple makeup look in the process.


Collection 2000 Glam Metallics Coloured Liquid Eyeliner in Ripped + Groupie 


First up, glitter eyeliner. Initially when I saw this product I shied away from the intense brightness of the bottle in fear that I would look like a clown when wearing it. However something within in me said Y.O.L.O, leading to me owning two of these florescent wonders today.

The brushes are a fabulously thin, allowing you to control the thickness of the liner precisely. The formula is quick drying, liquidy and does not budge when it on, seriously I couldn't scrub the swatch of my arm for a day! They eyeliner dries matt but still has a silky shimmer to it, so its not so in your face but does have a glamourous appeal.
Swatch: Top - Groupie, Bottom - Ripped

These sparkly gems can be worn as a regular liner but they also make a great eyeshadow base. Groupie is a beautiful holographic shimmery turquoise-green that looks amazing in the sunlight. My favorite however is Ripped as it is the most wearable for my skin-tone and lifts the eye for an effortless youthful look.

Collection 2000 Colour Intense Trio in Night  Jewels


I'm still stuck on ideas on how to use this palette as they are all very bright colours. The trio blends out really easily allowing for a smooth finish and flawless look. There is very little fall out, perfect for any clumsy people out there who like me have a tendency to get make up in their eyes resulting in an all too familiar blood shot eye look for the evening... sigh.

The shades are fairly pigmented and take a while to build up to full coverage. Personally I think this is perfect as it means I can create subtle but colourful looks for the daytime. They are shimmery and have a smooth, rich silky look to them when applied to them, unlike some that can appear 'ashy' on my skin-tone.


 Colour Blocking Eyeliner Look 

Waterline: MUA Eyeliner in Royal Blue

Colour Blocking was a hot trend during Summer 2011, but why limit to just clothing? The contrast of two bright colours is perfect for summer drawing attention to your eyes and keeping make up fun and experimental!

Content provided by www.sundancehudson.blogspot.com
sundancehudson.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment